Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beginning a New Series -- "Botanica"

In continuing to explore more than one facet of a particular idea, I'll be doing another type of floral series. This one will be based on different botanical gardens I've visited -- beginning with Butchard Gardens in Victoria, BC, Sonoran Desert Museum in Tucson, AZ, and Denver Botanic Gardens in Colorado. This series may go on forever, because I continue to hear of other botanic gardens around this country and the world, that, of course, I will have to see.

With a single painting of a subject, I hardly seem to get warmed up, but in a series, I can really explore an idea. And, this "Botanica" theme arouses my interest enough to carry me through many paintings. But, I don't think there's much danger of my overdoing it, like the artist who created 100 paintings in her "Banana Series". (HOW can someone even DO that?)


No comments:

Post a Comment